AS THE COMPANY SAYS, SOME THINGS WORK BETTER WITH CIRCLES…..I HAVE TO AGREE!
BASED ON FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE, CIRCULON INFINITE IS POSSIBLY THE BEST HARD ANODIZED COOKWARE SET
Circulon Infinite is made by Meyer, the same company that makes Rachael Ray and KitchenAid cookware among others.
When I first started reviewing this Circulon cookware, I assumed it would be a similar product to the other Meyer products, just with a different look, of course.
As the company says, some things work better with circles. And after an in-depth research, I have to say they are right! I am blown away by the superior features of this cookware. And If I had a choice, I would rate this the best non-stick hard anodized cookware set for the price!
This is a 10 piece cookware set. Here’s what’s included:
- 1.5-qt. Saucepan with lid
- 2-qt. Saucepan with lid
- 3-qt. Saute’ Pan with lid
- 8-qt. Stockpot with lid
- 8-in. Skillet
- 10-in. Skillet
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Circulon Infinite cookware has a very stylish and contemporary look, with deep charcoal gray pans, mirror polished stainless steel lids, handles and base. Good enough to go straight from the stove to the table. As one user commented, these pans are ‘great and expensive looking”!
What stands out about Circulon cookware is…………. the circles, of course!
The inside base of each pan has a series of hi-low concentric circles, giving the Circulon pans their signature look (and name). These circles are more than design though; it’s a proprietary food release technology that is unique to Circulon. More about that later.
WHAT IS IT MADE OF?
These Circulon Infinite pans have a really unique construction.
They are made of a heavy guage hard anodized aluminum with a durable nonstick coating inside. Additionally, there is a patent pending stainless steel base that completely encapsulates a thick aluminum core.
The stainless steel base enables the pans to be compatible with all stove tops including induction. As a point of interest, Circulon was the first company to make hard anodized induction cookware.
WHAT ABOUT THE NON-STICK COATING?
Circulon cookware uses DuPont’s™ advanced 3-layer nonstick coating called Autograph which is applied to the inside as well as outside.
DuPont™ is the same company that makes Teflon. The Autograph coating is one of their most advanced nonstick offerings. According to DuPont, it is designed for maximum performance, extra long life, easy cook and clean and excellent durability. It has been restaurant tested and is targeted towards quality-oriented, avid cooks.
One of the highlights of Circulon Infinite cookware is its patented TOTAL® Food Release system. The nonstick coating is applied in a unique “Hi-Low” ring design that reduces surface abrasion by allowing only a portion of food and utensils to touch.
This gives exceptional food release performance and maximizes the durability of the non-stick. This is true across all the Circulon pans that are non-stick.
Circulon nonstick cookware is metal utensil safe. However, read precautions below.
Unlike ordinary hard-anodized pans, Circulon Infinite also has the nonstick coating applied to the outside of the pan. Not only does this make it easy to clean, but it also means that the pan also won’t stain, scratch or chip (thanks to the hard-anodizing process) and that the Circulon pans will retain their looks. This feature makes the Circulon pans dishwasher safe.
ANY COOKING PRECAUTIONS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF?
- Even though the Circulon Infinite cookware is metal utensil safe, it is recommended to use plastic, wooden or rubber utensils during cooking to maximize the life of any non-stick cookware.
- Use of high heat is not recommended with these Circulon pans as high heat can cause foods to stick. Low to medium heat is recommended as the pans are designed to conduct heat well.
- Don’t use cooking spray as it burns at lower temperatures and can burn into the non-stick coating causing build up of the spray. This will cause sticking and damage to the non-stick coating and sometimes give the cookware a “rusty” appearance.
(Important to note, use of cooking sprays and high heat will void the warranty on these Circulon pans (source Circulon.com)
- Pans should be washed after every use so food residue is not allowed to build up, which will, after time, cause sticking and damage the non-stick coating. While its dishwasher safe, I would always recommend washing non-stick pans by hand. Why not prolong the life of a good thing?
AS FOR THE HIGH-LOW CIRCLES…………
People often ask, “doesn’t food get stuck in those grooves?” The answer is no. The grooves protect the nonstick surface and keep food from getting stuck on the pan.
WHAT ABOUT THE HANDLES?
Handles are made of cast stainless steel and are riveted to the pans.
The company says the handles are designed to stay comfortably cool on the stove top but there are some complaints (see below) about handles getting hot.
WHAT ARE THE LIDS MADE OF?
The lids are made of a heavy-weight stainless steel, are low profile and fit the pans snugly.
IS IT EASY TO MAINTAIN?
With a high quality non-stick on both the inside and outside, the Circulon pans clean up very easily. What makes it even easier to maintain is that you can just pop them in the dishwasher after use. As one user says, they are “no work” to maintain and these “are wonderful for busy lives”.
CAN YOU USE THESE IN THE OVEN?
Yes, Circulon Infinite cookware is oven safe up to 500F.
WHAT ABOUT THE BROILER?
While the Circulon cookware website doesn’t say anything on this, it is advisable to stay away from the broiler for ANY non-stick pan, even if the manufacturer says it’s ok. Reason for this is that at a high heat, not only do non-stick coatings deteriorate but release toxic fumes.
IS IT DISHWASHER SAFE?
Yes. Because of the high durability of the nonstick coating, as well as the fact that is applied to both the inside and outside, these Circulon pans are dishwasher safe.
Users report that they still look new after several rounds in the dishwasher.
CAN IT BE USED WITH INDUCTION COOKTOPS?
Yes, this is one of the few hard anodized cookware sets that is induction compatible.
DOES IT INCLUDE A WARRANTY
Yes, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Circulon Infinite cookware gets very high ratings, with 4.8 out of 5 on Macy’s and 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon. Here is what some of the happy customers are saying:
“Infinitely Amazing Cookware Collection.”
“Deserves Ten Stars.”
“This set was my Xmas present to myself- one that I will enjoy every day for years to come.”
“I would recommend this cookware to anyone who loves to cook and wants quality piece at a reasonable price.”
“Hooray! Quality Cookware that is Dishwasher Safe!”
“Best cookware for induction cooktop.”
“Perfect for a Ceramic Cooktop.”
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS
ARE THERE ANY COMPLAINTS?
No cookware review would be complete without a look at any complaints or negatives about it. The Circulon Infinite cookware has its share of common issues. You can decide if an issue is important to you or not.
- While many users complimented how cool the handles stayed during cooking, a few did not find that to be true and complained that the handles do get hot get hot during cooking. To avoid this problem, it is recommended to use medium heat for cooking and to use pot holders.
- Quite a few users were surprised at how heavy the pots and pans are. While this might be a negative for some, it also reflects on the solid quality of the cookware, not to mention it ability to stay flat (important for ceramic or glass cooktops). In addition, the pots do come equipped with helper handles on the larger pots to help lift them.
- One user felt that the 1.5 and 2 Qt pans are too similar in size, would have preferred a 1.5 and 3 instead.
- Some users felt limited by the restriction of using only medium to low heat. Circulon says that the pans are such good conductors of heat that you don’t need high heat to cook in them.
- A few users felt the need for a larger skillet.
- The lid handles tend to get hot during cooking so you might need gloves for the lids.
WHERE CAN YOU BUY IT
The best price for this cookware is usually on Amazon though keep a watch as it often goes on sale and sometimes as low as $140 for the set. Usual price is around $289.