What I like about the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials cookware is the ‘feeling’ you get when you lift a pan: a heft that can only be attributed to high quality! Just the right amount of heavy, without being too heavy to lift.
Add the brushed stainless exterior and it really feels …rich!
This KitchenAid cookware fares very positively with users. Let’s see what the fuss is all about.
The KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials is a 10 piece set including the following:
- 1qt saucepan with lid
- 2qt saucepan with lid
- 3qt saucepan with lid
- 8” skillet
- 8-quart stockpot with lid
WHAT IS IT MADE OF?
This Kitchenaid cookware set is made of stainless steel with an aluminum disk encapsulated in the base. Since aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat, the base allows the pans to heat quickly and evenly with no hot spots.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
The pans feature a brightly polished interior and a brushed stainless exterior with a shiny band along the rim.
The handles have black stay-cool silicone covers.
The handles of the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials pans are made of 18/10 stainless-steel encased in stay-cool silicone for a ‘comfy but firm’ grip.
The lids in this KitchenAid cookware are made of 18/10 stainless-steel.
One thing to note is that the large lid fits the large pot and 10” skillet, however the 8” frying pan has no fitted lid.
Here are some precautions for using the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials cookware:
- Donot use in broiler. These pans are oven safe up to 400F but not broiler safe due to the silicone handles.
- Since the lids are well fitted, they can form a vacuum seal to the pans if food is allowed to cool in the pan, so keep lid offset if cooling food in pan.
- Use a lower heat. The pans heat up well and hold the heat so you don’t need to use the high settings on the stove.
IS IT EASY TO MAINTAIN?
Users report that the pans have such a smooth finish that you don’t even need a dishwasher to clean, it just swishes out. Some things might need to soak but after a few minutes it just wipes off clean.
Any discoloration or food stains are easily removed with vinegar or barkeepers friend.
CAN YOU USE THESE IN THE OVEN?
KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials pans are oven-safe to 400 degrees F
WHAT ABOUT THE BROILER?
KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials pans cannot be used in the broiler because of the silicone handles.
IS IT DISHWASHER SAFE?
Yes, this KitchenAid cookware is dishwasher-safe.
CAN IT BE USED WITH INDUCTION COOKTOPS?
Yes, the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Stainless Steel set is induction compatible.
DOES IT INCLUDE A WARRANTY
This KitchenAid cookware set comes with a limited lifetime warranty
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Users have given this set have given it a thumbsup !
ARE THERE ANY COMPLAINTS?
With the majority of users very satisfied with this cookware set, there is very little negative about it. Here are some of the minor complaints by some users:
- Some users complain of a discoloration to the pans after use, a bluish tinge or in some cases, food stains. It is important to note that is a common discoloration in stainless steel in general and can easily be removed with vinegar or Bar Keepers friend.
- The smaller 8” fry pan does not have a lid. One user felt that it would be useful if one of the saucepan lids had fit this.
- Some users felt that the set lacked a 12” skillet, however this can be purchased separately.