LOOKING FOR BEAUTY AND PERFORMANCE IN YOUR COOKWARE?
Then KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions Stainless Steel is the set for you.
While KitchenAid dominates the kitchen mixer and appliance market, it has also made a mark in the cookware department, offering the same level of quality that you would expect from this brand.
This KitchenAid Gourmet cookware set is a 10 piece, including the following pieces:
- 1-1/4 qt saucepan with lid
- 2-1/2qt saucepan with lid
- 3-1/2-qt saucepan with lid
- 8-quart covered stock
- 8 inch skillet
- 10 inch skillet.
Note: The lid of 3 1/2qt saucepan fits the 8-inch skillet. So the only thing without a lid is the 10″ skillet.
WHAT IS IT MADE OF
KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions cookware is made of stainless-steel with an aluminum AND copper base core.
The base has a layer of aluminum, then copper, followed by more aluminum and finally a layer of durable stainless steel, all of which is bonded to the base of the pan. Since copper and aluminum are both excellent conductors of heat, this means the pans heat up quickly and evenly with no hot spots.
Users report a ‘heavy and solid’ feel to the pans.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE
This KitchenAid cookware has a unique style with tapered sides and a flared rim to the pans.
As the name suggests, this set is definitely made with the gourmet in mind since the tapered sides facilitate stirring and whisking, while the larger space at the top speeds reduction for rich, flavorful sauces.
Another advantage to the slanted shape of the pots is that it allows them to nest inside one another nicely for storage.
Overall, KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions has a very attractive design with a rich and sophisticated look.
WHAT ABOUT THE HANDLES
The handles are polished 18/10 stainless-steel and are riveted to the pans for a confident grip. The handles are designed to stay cool during cooking
WHAT ARE THE LIDS MADE OF?
The lids of this KitchenAid cookware are made of tempered glass lids.
IS IT EASY TO MAINTAIN?
Users report that it is easy and quick to clean these pans. A bit of soaking and a cleaning pad is all that is needed.
CAN YOU USE THESE IN THE OVEN AND BROILER?
This KitchenAid cookware is oven and broiler safe to 500 degrees F
IS IT DISHWASHER SAFE?
Yes, this set is dishwasher safe
CAN IT BE USED WITH INDUCTION COOKTOPS?
Yes. The KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions set is induction compatible and is recommended by users as a well priced option
DOES IT INCLUDE A WARRANTY
Yes, this KitchenAid cookware offers a limited lifetime warranty
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
The KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions set gets an rating with lots of satisfied users.
ARE THERE ANY COMPLAINTS?
While this stainless steel cookware set has a very high rating and excellent features, there are some minor issues that users have brought up:
- One user complained that the Copper at the base discolors easily and is not as bright as before, showing water spots. The solution to this is to use Barkeepers Friend to keep the copper part as shiny as new.
- The handles of glass lids can get hot during cooking. Make sure to use pot holders.
- One user mentioned that the handles on the skillets and smaller pots are somewhat skinny so you have to use both hands while pouring things out of them.
- A few people felt the need for a 12” skillet in the set, specially since the 10″ skillet measures only 9″ at the bottom.
- There are no vents in the lids though. However, there is enough space for the steam to escape from the sides/underneath the lid.
- While the lid of 3.5 quart saucepan fits the 8-inch skillet, there is no lid for the 10” skillet.
- A small percentage of users complained about leaking rivets which was resolved by getting a replacement from the company.